CEO, LifeFuels, Inc.
After graduating from Virginia Tech in 1994, Perrelli went on to serve in various roles in sales, engineering and staffing at UUNet Technologies before launching several successful startups. While a serial entrepreneur at his core, he spent five years exploring the investment world with Fortify ventures investing in early-stage technology companies, an experience that would prove invaluable as he became increasingly involved with serving and mentoring entrepreneurs.
Today, Perrelli plays a leading role in the formation and growth of the Virginia Tech Investor Network, an investor group dedicated to funding high potential start-ups, in both the National Capital Region and across the country, in which a founder, board member, or active investor is a graduate, student, or faculty member at Virginia Tech.
He is also working on his seventh startup, LifeFuels, a health and wellness company expected to launch this year.
- Startupland (entrepreneur educational curriciulum and video series, ongoing)
- SecureForce (cyber security firm, acquired by BRTRC)
- SecureSoftware (a cyber security re-start later acquired by Fortify Software and subsequently HP)
- The Shadow Group (a cyber security firm acquired by Corbett Technologies/BAE Systems)
- Plesk (mergered with SWSoft now called Parallels, enterprise software powerhouse, ongoing)